2016 Signing Class
Nate Darling 6-foot-4, 180 pound shooting guard from DeMatha Catholic High in Hyattsville, MD
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/nate-darling-82253
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osayDC4qidU
- Twitter: @natedarling14
- Latest Update: Nate Darling scored an impressive 23 points in a victory against Paul VI High last week. The deadly shooter was at one point in the contest a perfect 6-of-6 from the field. He had another contest earlier in the month against Jeff Dowtin High where he recorded 11 straight points for his team.
Javien Williams 6-foot-4, 175 pound shooting guard from Woodlawn High in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/javien-williams/HubX2JBOEeOzMAAmVebBJg/default.htm
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP9swK5iKcM
- Twitter: @JDizzy_3
- Latest Update: Woodlawn was upset in the sub-regionals by Center Point, who won the contest by a final score of 48-44. An early exit in the state tournament may hurt Williams’ chances of winning Alabama’s “Mr. Basketball” award, but it shouldn’t take anything away from his tremendous senior season.
Class of 2017 Targets
Garrison Brooks 6-foot-9, 215 pound power forward from Auburn High in Lafayette, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/garrison-brooks-79998
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z09P2lmpXTk
- Twitter: @laflare_10
- Latest Update: Garrison Brooks had 32 points (8-of-11 shooting), 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals in a season-ending loss to Lee High. Earlier in the month he put up 26 points, 18 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 assists, and a steal in a win against Smiths Station High with members of the UA & Mississippi State coaching staffs in attendance. Brooks had an unofficial visit at UA on Saturday, February 6 when he watched Alabama defeat Missouri in front of a sold out crowd. In an interview with ‘BamaMag reporter, John Garcia, Jr., Brooks pointed out that UA, Georgia, Vanderbilt, and UAB have all stood out in his recruiting process. Surprisingly enough, the Auburn, Ala. native said that Auburn has only had minimal communication with him.
Herb Jones 6-foot-5, 175 pound point guard from Hale County High in Moundville, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/herb-jones-86694
- Twitter: _hoopinglife
- Latest Update: Members of the UAB coaching staff were in attendance to watch Herb Jones and Hale County face off against Gordo High on February 19. Hale County won the contest 63-36 behind Jones’ 17 point performance. Jones helped his team force 26 turnovers by recording 5 steals. Auburn had representation there as well, while Alabama attended one of his games the prior week.
Alex Reese 6-foot-9, 225 pound power forward from Pelham High in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/alex-reese-80061
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6FYPyxdJbc
- Twitter: @akexxreese18
- Latest Update: Alex Reese had a huge performance against Opelika where he put up 39 points and 25 rebounds. Enter highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3628860/highlights/331577454# & https://twitter.com/ITATJason/status/699825972686807041 . He followed this performance with a double-double (14 points and 10 rebounds) in a season ending loss to Bessemer City on February 18. Reese was named to the all area team earlier this month after he had 26 points and 10 rebounds against Briarwood High.
DeAndre Robinson 6-foot-6, 207 pound small forward from Monroe County High in Monroeville, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/deandre-robinson-86424
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUCQIg7OSA8
- Twitter: @Drobi_5
- Latest Update: Deandre Robinson picked up his second Division 1 offer from Alabama A&M on February 14, shortly after he attended their home game against Alabama State. He has been a long-time target for Alabama A&M, who was in attendance to see him put up 19 points in an overtime victory against Thomasville High.
Terryonte Thomas 6-foot-4, 205 pound shooting guard from New Hope High in Columbus, MS
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/terryonte-thomas-79823
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIa8svfvOAs
- Twitter: @1tkt4
- Latest Update: Terryonte Thomas visited Alabama this past weekend for an unofficial visit. He received an offer from Florida Gulf Coast on the 15th. It was recently thought that USM and VCU were his favorites, but the latest is that his top 5 consists of UAB, Lousiana Tech, Iowa State, UA, and South Alabama.
Other targets include: Justin Forrest, Jacob Gilyard, Luis Hurtado, Cameron Kutwig, Alex O’Connell, and Mitchell Robinson.
Class of 2018 Targets
Isaac Chatman 6-foot-6, 175 pound shooting guard from Cordova High in Cordova, AL
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/isaac-chatman-sg-2018
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHQ2k0aXTzc
- Twitter: @I_chat24
- Latest Update: In a 4A, Area 9 semifinal contest between Curry & Cordova on February 9, second ranked Cordova won the contest 71-35 behind Chatman’s 38 point performance. Coaches from UAB, UA, and Texas A&M were among the schools in attendance to watch Chatman. See some highlights of Chatman throwing it down here: https://twitter.com/abc3340/status/697580820802969602 . Chatman has already recorded 1,000 points in his high school career. The talented guard currently holds offers from UAB, Murray State, Auburn, and Texas Southern.
Myreon Jones Jr. 6-foot-3, 145 pound shooting guard from Huffman High in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: None
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4839065/myreon-jones
- Twitter: @MyreonJones21
Latest Update: Myreon Jones, Jr. finished with 17 points, including 7 points in the 4th quarter alone, in a win vs. Clay Chalkville High in the sub-regionals. His team, Huffman High, will face Albertville High on Monday, February 22 on the campus of Jacksonville State University.
Zach Scott, Jr. 6-foot-4, 185 pound point guard from Westminster Academy in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/zach-scott-86248
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Q13XiH8Ks
- Twitter: @zvck_bvllinnn23
- Latest Update: Scott had 14 points in a win vs. rival Sagemont High last Tuesday. UAB was in attendance, as were coaches from Tennessee, William & Mary, Virginia Tech, Murray State, and Harvard.
Other targets include: Tyler Stallworth 6-foot-4, 175 pound shooting guard from Monroe County High in Monroeville, AL
Class of 2019 Targets
Kira Lewis 6-foot, 130 pound point guard from Hazel Green High in Huntsville, AL
- Player Profile: None
- Highlights: None
- Twitter: @Mr_Lewis3
- Latest Update: Lewis had an unofficial visit to UAB for their home game against FAU on February 6.
Other targets include: Unknown