While one team on campus is searching for a new head coach, the UAB football staff is carrying out business as usual.
Here’s the latest scoop on a few of the prospects UAB is targeting:
(New Signee) Joel Dixon 6-foot-3, 198 pound punter from San Joaquin Delta College in Stockton, Calif.
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4244980/joel-dixon
- Twitter: @_JoelDixon
- Latest Update: The long and anticipated visit from JUCO punter – Joel Dixon – finally took place this past weekend. Dixon’s interest and intentions to visit have been well known for months now, but everything became official on Saturday when he signed his LOI with the Blazers.
Jaylond Adams 5-foot-10, 170 pound running back from Minor High in Adamsville, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Jaylond-Adams-80830
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2681937/jaylond-adams
- Twitter: @_iamjay__
- Latest Update: Adams received an offer from Mercer on Saturday and Toledo earlier last week. He was one of the many Division 1 prospects in attendance at the Rivals Camp in Atlanta, GA this past weekend.
(New Prospect) Jaytlin Askew 5-foot-11, 180 pound defensive back from McEachern High in Powder Springs, GA
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Jaytlin-Askew-80699
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3324179/jaytlin-askew
- Twitter: @JBVZN
- Latest Update: UAB was one of the schools who most recently reached out to and offered Askew. The big time prospect already holds offers from schools such as Auburn, Florida State, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, and many more.
Gajuan Davis 6-foot-1, 210 pound linebacker from Carroll High in Ozark, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Gajuan-Davis-89100
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2977227/highlights/304642424
- Twitter: @Gajuan_14
- Latest Update: Davis attended Tulane’s Junior Day event this past weekend. This is after he took an unofficial visit to Troy earlier last week. UAB is certainly still in the running for Davis, but his social media feed appears to favor Tulane the most.
Jacob Free 6-foot-5, 200 pound quarterback from Brantley High in Brantley, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/jacob-free-77172
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3111727/jacob-free
- Twitter: @Jacob_Free
- Latest Update: Free has taken unofficial visits lately to Alabama, Duke, and North Carolina.
(New Prospect) Kevin Haas 6-foot-4, 300 pound offensive tackle from Mississippi Gulf Community College in Perkinston, MS
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6346293/kevin-haas
- Twitter: @Haas0Haas
- Latest Update: Haas picked up his first Division 1 offer from Troy University on March 27. UAB quickly responded and offered him less than one week later. Haas is one of several prospects the UAB coaching staff has targeted from Mississippi Gulf Community College after landing a few signees in the 2016 recruiting class.
Kevin Howard 6-foot-3, 200 pound wide receiver from Gardendale High in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/kevin-howard-86542
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3906363/kevin-howard
- Twitter: @KevinWHoward13
- Latest Update: Howard most recently took an unofficial visit to Georgia Southern.
Tadarrius Patterson 6-foot-1, 211 pound linebacker from Carver High in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/tadarrius-patterson-80767
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3274530/tadarrius-patterson-
- Twitter: @tadarrius_7
- Latest Update: Patterson announced on March 26 that he would be releasing his top 10 schools of interest soon. UAB has been on Patterson for a long time, but the talented linebacker’s recruitment has exploded the last several months. My opinion is that UAB will make his top 10, but UAB will need to keep up the intensity to have a chance in landing his signature next Signing Day.
(New Prospect) Casey Perkins 5-foot-11, 210 pound running back from Smyrna High in Smyrna, TN
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Casey-Perkins-76432
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3812098/casey-perkins
- Twitter: @ShiftTeamKing5
- Latest Update: UAB offered Perkins last Monday. Perkins already boasts offers from ECU, Marshall, Miami (OH), and MTSU as well.
(New Prospect) Eric Stokes, Jr. 6-foot, 180 pound athlete from Eastside High School in Covington, GA
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Eric-Stokes-79796
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3171041/eric-stokes
- Twitter: @_jamane_
- Latest Update: UAB reached out to and offered Stokes last week, who now boasts a total of nine Division 1 offers (UAB, Troy, Miami (OH), Marshall, Jacksonville State, MTSU, Tulane, Georgia Southern, and Georgia State). He has also taken an unofficial visit to Auburn here recently.
(New Prospect) Matthew Tanner 6-foot-7, 345 pound offensive guard from Eastern Arizona Community College in Thatcher, AZ
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1427166/matthew-tanner
- Twitter: @matthewgtanner
- Latest Update: UAB was one of the most recent schools to reach out and offer Tanner, who now holds a total of four Division 1 offers (UAB, Georgia State, Mississippi State, and Louisiana Monroe).
Tucker Walters 6-foot-2, 285 pound center from Bob Jones High in Madison, AL
- Player Profile: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/184882
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1o_sCPW_c
- Twitter: @TuckerWalters
- Latest Update: Walters received an offer from Alabama A&M in March. He most recently had an unofficial visit at Troy this past weekend.
JaTarvious Whitlow 6-foot-1, 190 pound athlete from LaFayette High in LaFayette, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/JaTarvious-Whitlow-84548
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3930442/jatarvious-whitlow
- Twitter: @JatarviousW
- Latest Update: Whitlow had an unofficial visit at Tulane this past weekend.