Class of 2016
Quentin Scott (new prospect) 6-foot-7, 215 pound shooting guard from Ellender High in Hourma, LA
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/quentin-scott-sg-2016
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3385419/quentin-scott
- Twitter: @_Quee5
- Latest Update: UAB went to see Scott last week at his high school in LA. It’s unclear if Scott holds any Division 1 offers. If Scott were to play at UAB it would most likely be in a walk-on role.
Other class of 2016 targets include: NONE; UAB is finished recruiting for 2016 unless there is some sort of unexpected roster turnover.
Class of 2017
Ryan Allen 6-foot-1, 175 pound point guard at Dematha Catholic High in Hyattsville, MD
- Player Profile: http://www.hardwoodinsiders.com/page/show/2099469-ryan-allen
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrvZIRhTR4
- Twitter: _BabyRy_
- Latest Update: Allen picked up an offer from Hartford over the weekend. He now has offers from UAB, George Mason, & Hartford.
Garrison Brooks 6-foot-9, 215 pound power forward from Auburn High in Lafayette, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/garrison-brooks-79998
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z09P2lmpXTk
- Twitter: @laflare_10
- Latest Update: Florida State is the most recent school to begin recruiting Brooks – who also had in an home visit with Mississippi State last week.
Peyton Broughton 6-foot-5, 175 pound shooting guard from North Laurel High in London, KY.
- Player Profile: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/peyton-broughton
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0unFMp0Dups
- Twitter: @Peyton_B18
- Latest Update: Broughton had an impressive outing on Saturday when he finished with 30 points and 7 rebounds in a contest for his AAU team, Team Manimal.
Anthony Duruji (new prospect) 6-foot-6, 180 pound shooting guard from St. Andrew’s Episcopal in Potomac, MD
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/anthony-duruji-sg-potomac-md-2017
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyfxrn3Y9hk
- Latest Update: Another guy’s stock who has been rising as he has picked up offers from UAB, St. Joseph’s, and UCF in the last couple of weeks. He also has offers from schools such as La Tech, Monmouth, Stony Brook, Towson, and Chattanooga.
Evan Gilyard (new prospect) 5-foot-10, 160 pound point guard from Simeon Career Academy in Chicago, IL
- Player Profile: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/evan-gilyard
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOuzhC6kdGE
- Twitter: @GilyardEvan3
- Latest Update: UAB was the latest to offer. UIC, Chicago State, Dayton, Loyola (IL), & Southern Illinois are all in the mix.
Raiquan Gray (new prospect) 6-foot-8, 235 pound power forward from Dillard High in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Raiquan-Gray-91067/RecruitInterests
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj4q_Rahsak
- Twitter: @Tgray4
- Latest Update: UAB is one of the most recent programs to offer the talented big man – who now boasts offers from UAB, Auburn, Florida Gulf Coast, FIU, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Rutgers, and Virginia Tech. In-home visits have been taking place for Gray and UAB went to see him last Wednesday. Kansas State and Virginia Tech are recruiting him the hardest while Florida State is the favorite among scouting experts.
Makhtar Gueye (new prospect) 6-foot-9, 175 pound small forward from Winchendon Prep in Winchedon, MA
- Twitter: @MakhtarGueye22
- Latest Update: Gueye is still early in his development, but the Blazer coaching staff wanted him to know they believe in his potential. After seeing him play last week, Coach Ehsan pulled the trigger and offered Gueye his first Division 1 scholarship. Other offers are on their way as Kansas, Louisville, Monmouth, Pittsburgh, Providence, Purdue, and UMASS are all other schools who are showing interest. See a quick video of Gueye here.
Travis Ingram (new prospect) 6-foot-2, 175 pound shooting guard from I.C. Norcom High in Portsmouth, VA
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/travis-ingram-sg-portsmouth-va-2017
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzIDDaBPZys
- Twitter: @nolimit_ti
- Latest Update: UAB & St. Louis are two of the most recent schools to begin targeting Ingram. The athletic guards has offers from James Madison, Arkansas State, UCF, Bethune Cookman, Coppin State, Hofstra, and Norfolk State. After watching his hiighlight video above, I’d feel comfortable assuming his stock is really going to rise during this AAU season.
Tony Jackson (new prospect) 6-foot-4, 217 pound guard from North Hardin in Radcliff, KY
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/tony-jackson-cf-fort-knox-ky-2017
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3330098/tony-jackson
- Latest Update: Jackson, who plays AAU for the Louisville Magic, picked up a UAB offer earlier this month.
Jamal Johnson 6-foot-4, 170 pound guard from Spain Park in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Johnson-77070
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyJEWqKirI
- Twitter: @_jamaljohnson
Latest Update: Johnson had an in-home visit with UAB Head Coach, Rob Ehsan on April 18th. Johnson is a prospect that Ehsan has targeted heavily of late. Ehsan will need to continue making Johnson a priority if he wants to pry him away from other in-state schools such as Auburn and Alabama. Johnson’s high school teammate, Austin Wiley, is a hard commit to Auburn at this time – but that doesn’t mean we should automatically assume Johnson is heading to Auburn.
Herb Jones 6-foot-7, 175 pound point guard from Hale County High in Moundville, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/herb-jones-86694
- Twitter: _hoopinglife
- Latest Update: Changed Jones’ height to 6-foot-7 while some scouts are saying he is a legitimate 6-foot-8.
Simeon Kirkland (new prospect) 6-foot-9, 200 pound power forward from Trinity Catholic in Ocala, FL
- Player Profile: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/simeon-kirkland
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrSu8_xNf4w&feature=youtu.be
- Latest Update: – UAB is one of the schools to most recently show interest in Kirkland. Kirkland has offers from Buffalo, CCSU, JMU, and Stetson while UGA, Kennesaw, Charleston, La Tech, FIU, FGCU, Virginia Tech, & SDSU are all showing interest.
Terrence Lewis (new prospect) 6-foot-6, 180 pound small forward from Riverside in Milwaukee, WI
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Terrence-Lewis-75455
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQslJgK0tbc
- Twitter: @lewis24Terrence
- Latest Update: Lewis is a big time prospect in the class of 2017. Recently named his area’s Basketball Player of the Year, Lewis continues to rack up offer after offer. UAB is just getting involved thanks to new assistant coach, Kevin Devitt, and they will have a lot of competition as Lewis holds offers from schools such as: Iowa State, Minnesota, Auburn, & DePaul.
J.P. Moorman 6-foot-7, 205 pound small forward from Greensboro Day School in Greensboro, NC
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/JP-Moorman-87326
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cATpKCoQc
- Twitter: @JaquarP_
- Latest Update: Moorman continues to see his stock rise as he most recently picked up scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Toledo, ODU, Temple, Appalachian State, & Western Carolina.
Christian Negron (new prospect) 6-foot-6, 195 pound small forward from Larkin High in Elgin, IL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Negron-78148
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3rHSYlzlHE
- Twitter: @dirhardcubs11
- Latest Update: A relatively new prospect for UAB who already holds offers from Illiniois, Iowa, Bradley, DePaul, & Virginia Tech. The UAB coaching staff extended him an offer on April 12th. On the AAU circuit this past weekend he finished with 11 points, 16 rebounds, and 2 steals in one game.
Anthony Polite; 6-foot-6, 210 pound shooting guard from St. Andrew’s School in Boca Raton, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Polite-86853
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_mYLh2aGU
- Twitter: @PoliteAp33
- Latest Update: The Blue Devils of Duke University are now targeting Polite. They have yet to offer, but they have been watching him very closely & like what they see. It could only be a matter of time before Polite receives the call from Mike Krzyzweski. Unlike Duke, Miami has offered Polite while coaches from Alabama & FSU have visited him recently.
Tyler Polley 6-foot-7, 190 pound power forward from Sagemont in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/tyler-polley-79535
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUdrErhM62o
- Twitter: @Tyler_polleyyy
- Latest Update: Polley had in-home visits with UAB and Temple last week.
Alex Reese 6-foot-9, 225 pound power forward from Pelham High in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/alex-reese-80061
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6FYPyxdJbc
- Twitter: @alexxreese18
- Latest Update: Reese’s latest offer came from Cincinnati on Saturday afternoon. UAB, Alabama, Vanderbilt, and Auburn are recruiting him the hardest while schools like Kansas and Texas have begun showing interest.
Terryonte Thomas 6-foot-4, 205 pound shooting guard from New Hope High in Columbus, MS
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/terryonte-thomas-79823
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa1oHS8hY5I
- Twitter: @1tkt4
- Latest Update: Stanford is one of the most recent schools to contact Thomas. He has been performing well on the AAU circuit thus far scoring 17 and 21 points in separate contests.
Other class of 2017 targets include: Peyton Broughton & DeAndre Robinson
Class of 2018
Peter “PJ” Byrd (new prospect) 6-foot-0 150 pound point guard from Bush High in Sugarland, TX
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/peter-byrd-pg-2018
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0e1M34qnA4&feature=youtu.be
- Twitter: @pj_byrd
- Latest Update: Byrd most recently picked up offers from UAB and Illinois State. This past weekend he played a few contests for his AAU team, the Houston Defenders, when racked up 12 points, 9 assists, and 4 rebounds in his last game.
Elochukwu Eze (new prospect) 6-foot-10, 225 pound center from Calvary Christian in Coral Springs, FL
- Twitter: @Eze_BigE23
- Latest Update: The UAB coaching staff went to see Eze at Calvary Christian last week. Eze is AAU teammates with another player UAB is targeting, Anthony Polite (2017).
Ronaldo Segu (new prospect) 6-foot, 165 pound point guard from Olympia in Orlando, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Ronaldo-Segu-86145
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt6P_8k6qwk
- Twitter: @SeguRonaldo
- Latest Update: UAB offered Segu last week after traveling to Florida to watch him practice. It’s hard not to be impressed with Segu’s potential after watching his highlight video above. In-state programs like Florida State & Florida are all in on him, so UAB will have to work hard to get him out of the state of Florida.
Zach Scott 6-foot-4, 185 pound point guard from Westminster Academy in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/zach-scott-86248
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Q13XiH8Ks
- Twitter: @zvck_bvllinnn23
- Latest Update: Scott’s stock continues to rise. Georgia Tech, LSU, Oklahoma, and Pittsburgh have all show interest in him. UAB is still in the hunt as Coach Ehsan had an in-home visit with Scott last week. Scott most recently put up 23 points & 8 assists in an AAU contest this past weekend.
Dante Treacy (new prospect) 5-foot-9, 150 pound point guard from Central Florida Christian Academy in Ocoee, FL
- Player Profile: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dante-treacy/nYnib3QpEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm
- Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei3-YkSloWs
- Twitter: @DanteTreacy
- Latest Update: Stetson has been recruiting Treacy for a while, but now the UAB coaching staff is getting involved. He finished with 16 points in his most recent AAU contest. Averaged 17.4 points per game during his Sophomore campaign.
Other class of 2018 targets include: Issac Chatman, Logan Dye, Trey Jemison, Myreon Jones, Jr., & Diante Wood
Class of 2019
Kira Lewis 6-foot, 130 pound point guard from Hazel Green High in Huntsville, AL
- Player Profile: https://future150.com/jr/basketball-profiles/kira-lewis-pg-huntsville-al-2019
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6384547/kira-lewis
- Twitter: @Mr_Lewis3
- Latest Update: Lewis is currently tearing things up on the AAU circuit. This past weekend he had one contest where he scored 40 points and a separate contest where he finished with 21 points.