2019 Kasimir Absolu wide receiver from Mandarin HS in Jacksonville, FL
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4998497/kasimir-absolu
- Twitter: @KasD1Bound
- Latest Update: The Blazers were the first to offer Absolu – a talented wide receiver from Jacksonville, FL.
David Acfalle 6-foot, 192 pound defensive back from Hewitt-Trussville HS in Trussville, AL
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2763470/david-acfalle
- Twitter: @AcfalleSwagg
- Latest Update: Acfalle released his top 6 schools of interest last week, which consisted of UAB, Illinois, Middle Tennessee, Navy, Southern Miss, & Western Kentucky. He holds at least 14 Division 1 offers, so it’s good to see UAB make this list. He is teammates with another UAB prospect named Grayson Cash who you will read more about below. It will be interesting to see if both want to play at the same school.
Joshua Brown 6-foot, 195 pound strong safety from Langston Hughes HS in Fairburn, GA
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/joshua-brown-80612
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4251446/joshua-brown
- Twitter: @str8CashJosh
- Latest Update: Picked up an offer from UAB; already holds offers from Atkansas State, Indiana, Kansas State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, South Alabama, South Carolina, & Tennessee. His teammate, Malik Horton, also received an offer from the Blazers. Horton boasts a total of 18 Division 1 offers at this time.
Marvis Brown 6-foot-3, 325 pound offensive lineman from Tyler JUCO in Tyler, TX
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/marvis-brown-35575
- Twitter: @marvis_brown
- Latest Update: UAB is targeting Brown, who holds offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, & Prairie View A&M. Before JUCO, he verbally committed to SMU over offers from Tulsa, UTSA, & Western Michigan. He backed out of his pledge in January 2015 after a coaching change and eventually signed with Texas Southern in February of that same year.
Spencer Brown 6-foot, 230 running back from Mortimer Jordan HS in Morris, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Spencer-Brown-91134
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4761536/spencer-brown
- Twitter: @spencer_brown28
- Latest Update: Picked up his first offer from UAB after turning heads at one of UAB’s football camps.
Grayson Cash 6-foot, 185 pound athlete from Hewitt-Trussville HS in Trussville, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Grayson-Cash-88232
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2763378/grayson-cash
- Twitter: @GraysonCash37
- Latest Update: Cash is another local prospect who UAB is hoping to keep in-state. The UAB coaching staff offered him a scholarship in June, which – was his second D1 offer (the first one coming via Gardner Webb). Cash is an incredible athlete who can play on both sides of the ball – either at safety or running back. His athleticism helped him return a kickoff 83 yards for a TD in the video below.
2018 Antonio Heard 5-foot-8, 160 pound wide receiver from Teague HS in Teague, TX
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5689945/Antonio-heard
- Twitter: @A_Heard3
- Latest Update: UAB was the first to offer Heard. His brother, Tyrese, is another prospect that you’ll read more about below. It’s safe to assume the Blazer coaching staff is hopeful to land both as a “package deal.”
2018 Tyrese Heard 6-foot, 180 pound athlete from Teague HS in Teague, TX
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Tyrese-Heard-86639
- Twitter: @Theard07
- Latest Update: As mentioned above, Tyrese is the brother of Antonio Heard – both c/o 2018 targets for UAB. Tyrese has more offers at this point: UAB, Oregon, & Purdue. While in Alabama last month, Tyrese visited the campuses of UAB, Alabama, & Samford.
Deonte Henson 5-foot-9, 160 pound defensive back from West Brook HS in Beaumont, TX
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Deonte-Henson-86513
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3272084/deonte-henson
- Twitter: @damondhenson11
- Latest Update: UAB was the second D1 offer for Henson – whose other offer came via Northern Colorado.
D’Anthony Hopkins 6-foot-2, 225 pound running back from Blinn College in Benham, TX
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/danthony-hopkins-28067
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3385616/danthony-hopkins
- Twitter: @Danthonyhopkin1
- Latest Update: After signing Christian Robinson in December and Garrison Mitchell in February, the UAB coaching staff is looking to add another talented player from Blinn College. Hopkins was a one time UTSA commit before enrolling in junior college. This go-around Hopkins holds offers from UAB, New Mexico, Utah State, & Wyoming.
Antoine Jerome 6-foot, 190 pound wide receiver from Boynton Beach HS in Boynton Beach, FL
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3961165/antoine-jerome
- Twitter: @toine561
- Latest Update: Jerome had a fantastic junior season at Boynton Beach playing on both sides of the ball. At the wide receiver position – he registered 40 catches for 930 yards & 10 touchdowns. In the secondary – he had 25 tackles and 6 interceptions. The young man also boasts a 3.0 GPA. His productive junior season has led to offers this summer from UAB, Eastern Michigan, & FAMU.
Kalem Reddix 6-foot-1, 207 pound wide receiver from St. Martin HS in Ocean Springs, MS
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/player/kalem-reddix-75664
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3922594/kalem-reddix
- Twitter: @KalemReddix
- Latest Update: Picked up an offer from UAB after attending their camp in Opelika, AL. In addition to UAB – he has scholarship offers from Jackson State, Louisiana Lafayette, MTSU, SELA, Southern Miss, & Tulane.
Kris Reed 5-foot-10, 170 pound wide receiver from Lawton Chiles in Tallahassee, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Kris-Reed-89590
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2687345/kris-reed
- Twitter: @Krissreedd33
- Latest Update: The stock continues to rise as he has recently picked up offers from Buffalo, FIU, Tulane, & Western Illinois. He also took an unofficial visit at Tulane in late June.
Robert Reeves 6-foot-2, 200 pound linebacker from Pensacola HS in Pensacola, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Reeves-91867
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3245524/robert-reeves
- Latest Update: UAB is one of the dozen schools who have reached out & offered Reeves. The UAB coaching staff will have to fight off the likes of Cincinnati, Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss, UCF, & potentially even Florida State if they extend an offer.
2018 Marco Rollins 6-foot-3, 300 pound offensive/defensive tackle from East Gadsden HS in Havana, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Marco-Rollins-91992
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4222921/marco-rollins
- Twitter: @55_Shotz
- Latest Update: Rollins was on campus at UAB for an unofficial visit in early June. He already boasts offers from Louisville & USF.
Lucious Stanley 6-foot-1, 210 from North Fort Myers HS in North Fort Myers, FL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Lucious-Stanley-80347
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4153285/lucious-stanley
- Twitter: @LuciousStanley4
- Latest Update: Took an unofficial visit to UAB Friday, June 10th. Already holds offers from UAB & Toledo.
Quan Stokes 6-foot-3, 315 pound offensive lineman from Colquitt County HS in Moultrie, GA
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Quan-Stokes-85808
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4076147/quan-stokes
- Twitter: @Bigstokes77
- Latest Update: Picked up his first Division 1 offer from UAB.
2018 Nuru Tinch 6-foot, 205 pound running back from Newton HS in Covington, GA
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Nuru-Tinch-93592
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5294591
- Twitter: @theylovetinch
- Latest Update: The Blazer coaching staff has a good relationship with Newnan HS but have yet to land a player from there. They’ll hope that changes with c/o 2018 prospect, Nuru Tinch. UAB made sure to be his first offer and hope that early connection will pay off once Tinch begins receiving offers from other schools.
Dyjonn Turner 6-foot, 200 pound safety from Florence HS in Florence, AL
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3422696/dyjonn-turner
- Twitter: @DyjonnT
- Latest Update: Talented in-state prospect who picked up an offer from UAB in early June. Turner’s offer list now consists of UAB, Alabama A&M, Eastern Illinois, Jacksonville State, Mercer, & MTSU.
Giovanni Williams 6-foot, 230 pound linebacker from Wenonah HS in Birmingham, AL
- Player Profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Giovanni-Williams-87576
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4225378/giovanni-williams
- Twitter: @Giovanni_D1
- Latest Update: Giovanni took an unofficial visit to UAB in mid June. He is the brother of Quinnen Williams – a 4 star recruit who just enrolled at Alabama.
Larry Wooden 6-foot, 190 pound running back from Spain Park HS in Birmingham, AL
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3912316/larry-wooden
- Twitter: @LarryWooden25
- Latest Update: Picked up an offer from UAB. Wooden boasts offers from Arkansas State, Gardner Webb, Georgia State, Mercer, Minnesota, Presbyterian, Southern Miss, Troy, & Tulane.
Tre Young 6-foot-1, 180 pound defensive back from McGill-Toolen HS in Mobile, AL
- Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3884999/tr-young
- Twitter: @ytre53
- Latest Update: Picked up an offer from UAB. He had also recently picked up an offer from Minnesota.
Hunter Brannon – UAB
Gajuan Davis – South Alabama
Tony Jones – MTSU
Khalil Keith – MTSU
Moris Lugo – Toledo
2018 Davontae McCrae – FAU, FAMU, FIU, Louisville, NC State, & Toledo
2018 Jason Mercier – Bethune Cookman
Anthony Rush – Bowling Green
Jalen Tolbert – Jacksonville State
Will Ulmer – Maryland
Will Wallace – FAU; Took an unofficial visit to Tulane in late June.
Datrone Young – FAU
Destra Benoit – Ran a 4.33 and a 4.39 40yd dash at a camp at Ball State. The speedster is definitely on the Blazer coaching staff’s radar.
Stephon Huderson – Took an unofficial visit to Troy in mid June.
Thomas Johnston – Took an unofficial visit to Arkansas in mid June.
2016 Luder Jean Louis – Committed to Eastern Kentucky
Eugene Minter – Minter is a top priority for the UAB coaching staff. It’s not hard to understand why when looking at his offer list – which now totals 18. At 6-foot-4 – his potential is through the roof and the role he could play in rebuilding a program in his home city is a huge selling point. UAB commit, Justin Whisenhunt, has been recruiting Minter via social media, but he and the Blazer coaching staff will have to fight off out-of-state suitors such as Louisville, who have been breeding talent from the Birmingham area in their last few recruiting classes.
2018 Zac Montgomery – Took an unofficial visit to Western Carolina in late June
Octavious Morgan – Committed to Iowa State
Ronald Rudd – Committed to UCLA shortly after receiving an offer last month.
Dreko Statham – Committed to Georgia State
Darian Stephenson – Committed to Navy
2018 Trenell Troutman – Committed to Louisville
Tucker Walters – Took an unofficial visit to Navy in late June.
Mike Young – Verbally committed to Boise State last month, but the UAB coaching staff has not given up hope. UAB officially extended an offer to Young last week & will continue to recruit him until National Signing Day.