It is nearly that time of year again. The time when the phrase “this one time at band camp” starts being thrown around towards all of us who say we are in the band.
In just a few short weeks the Marching Blazers will be moving back onto campus to begin the busy week of band camp to learn everything from the basics of marching, to becoming better musicians, to the complexity of a halftime (one more season without football, thankfully) show.
If you saw my previous post, then you know that our theme for our show this year is “Hollywood!” If not, here is a little preview of what you can expect.
We currently have several performances scheduled at many high school competitions, and also at the UAB Football scrimmages taking place this fall. Here is our schedule of performances for the 2016-2017 year.
- August 29th – UAB Football Scrimmage at BBVA Compass Field
- September 24th – Exhibition at Daleville High School
- October 8th – Exhibition at Heart of Dixie Band Festival at Prattville High School
- October 15th – Exhibition at Hoover Invitational at the Hoover Met
- October 20th – Football Scrimmage #2 Location TBD (Likely BBVA Compass Field)
- October 29th – Exhibition at Lafayette Marching Classic in Fayetteville, Ga.
- November (Date is TBD) – Football Scrimmage #3
The Marching Blazers were also invited to march in the International Peace Parade in Rome, Italy this New Years.
As you can see, the Marching Blazers are still going to be very busy in preparation for the Return in 2017, recruiting both near and far. If you are able to, please come out and support us and watch a show – you won’t be disappointed!
If not, please consider donating to our Uniform Fund. The goal of the Fund is to provide the Marching Blazers with all new (ours are almost 15 years old) uniforms for the first season of having football back. The link to the page is HERE. Please donate if you can!