Geez, another close one in Boca Raton, huh?
- UAB can shoot the 3-point shot now. They were 7-of-13 tonight (53.8 percent).
- Free throws are almost automatic for this team. They shot 15-of-17 tonight, missing their first one with less than three minutes left in the game.
- The Blazers are very inconsistent with assists on made shots. This game they had 11 dimes on 29 made shots as opposed to 25 dimes on 33 made baskets against Marshall.
- If HaHa keeps up this level of play, he could win C-USA player of the year.
- HaHa could very well beat Alan Ogg for all-time blocks as a Blazer. He is 67 shy of breaking that record.
- Chris is the go-to man in the last seconds of the game. The buzzer-beater against Southern showed that, but his long 2-pointer tonight with 10 seconds left was an ice cold dagger.
- Turnovers are killing us. Just under a third of FAU’s points were off of UAB turnovers. Sloppy or lazy passes, and just having the ball taken out of their hands, led to easy transition threes and layups.
Overall, this team fought hard for win #5 in a row. I still believe they have turned a corner and have their best ball ahead of them now.