We are exactly one month away (30 days) from #theReturn of UAB football as the Blazers will host Alabama A&M at Legion Field on September 2 at 2:30 p.m. CT.
As everyone keeps saying, it’s hard to believe that we are this close to UAB football again. It seems like such a long time since the program was shutdown and then re-instated. But the time is here, and I hope every UAB fan is ready.
The community has poured it’s heart and soul into getting this team back, so let’s not forget that once the season starts. I hope fans are ready to show up and support this team no matter the circumstances — but I’m optimistically hoping for good results, or at least better than most people are predicting.
To help you get ready for the season, we obviously hope you continue to read our articles at TheDailyDragon.com and follow us on Twitter at @The_DailyDragon (and help us reach 1,000 followers — only 13 away!), but I want to bring your attention to some other outlets with great UAB information.
- Blazers247: The site, hosted by 247Sports.com, is doing a great job of bringing you recruiting information, as well as day-to-day activities for UAB football. Steve Irvine, the lead writer for Blazers247, is one of the best. You do have to pay, or at least sign up, for some of their content. Make sure you check them out and give them a follow on Twitter (@Blazers_247).
- Underdog Dynasty: Hosted by SBNation, the Underdog Dynasty covers American, Conference USA, Sun Belt and Independent football. You can check with them for all your news and updates on Conference USA football. I still think SBNation needs a dedicated site for UAB (hint, hint, wink, wink), but for now Underdog Dynasty is getting the job done.
- Al.com: Though sometimes (all the time) overshadowed by Auburn and Alabama, Drew Champlin does a good job of bringing the locals their UAB news. They will be bringing you daily updates from fall camp up until kickoff.
- UABSports.com: And of course the university’s affiliated website is where you can get your rosters, schedules and news updates as well.
- BlazerTalk: This is by far the best forum around to discuss UAB athletics news. If you’re looking for a great group of UAB fans to talk shop with, here’s the place.
It’s cliche to say it, but we’re all a family, and we at The Daily Dragon want what’s best for this family. We started this site to bring you the coverage that UAB deserves for all of it’s sports, and we are going to continue that effort.
With the start of football season right in front of us, I know everyone is anxious to read as much as you can about this team. Make sure you are checking in with all of the sites mentioned above, and get ready to support your UAB football team this fall!